Workers compensation insurance is a claims driven class of insurance. The variables that compose premium costs are: wages, industry classification and claims incurred.
The larger the organisation you are the more that the amount you pay in workers compensation insurance is influenced by the claims you incur.
You cannot change what you are, i.e. wages or industry, but you can influence claims.
Positive outcomes on claims are achieved by two basic inputs:
Effective injury management is achieved by early intervention and the application of skilled resources that understand medical diagnoses, can interact with health professionals and have the skills to engage and manage injured workers.
Some organisations have these resources internally and others rely on external providers.
Many organisations don’t effectively align the right people to the right cases and this is a major contributor to poor outcomes and increased costs.
Effective claims management is achieved by establishing a close working relationship with the insurer, claims agent or self-insurance team to accurately and pragmatically interpret the local legislative requirements and to distil these into a coherent management strategy. This involves determining liability, managing legal and litigated claims and understanding the technical aspects of the legislation in that jurisdiction.
Workers Compensation Services works with clients to assist with the management of particular cohorts of injuries or to support the internal resources of an organisation to effectively manage injuries and claims on an ongoing basis.
We employ consultants from a variety of backgrounds including: occupational therapy, exercise physiology, insurance, rehabilitation, education and training.
The variety of skills within our team positions us to provide our clients with the support they require to achieve improved outcomes on individual claims and thereby reduce insurance costs directly.
1. Access to highly experienced and qualified industry professionals that understand injury and claims management.
2. Opportunities to improve outcomes and achieve cost reductions.
3. Assistance in developing strategies to resolve all issues for the person injured and for your business.
Your organisation may need to consider design and implementation of improved management systems if:
1. You do not have an internal resource that is an experienced injury or claims manager.
2. You need help managing difficult cases.
3. Your internal resources are having difficulty managing your insurer/Agent.
4. You are not confident that the resources you have in place are adequate.
5. Your claims costs are high and/or increasing.
Outsourcing allows company executives to focus on the core business while outside experts manage non-essential activitiesLearn More
We can help you design and implement robust injury management and workers compensation processes in your organisationLearn More